WHAT DO YOU CHARGE
- Our fees
begin @ $100 and depend upon the NUMBER of Musicians requested and the LOCATION of the Special Event . Additional hours
begin @ $39/additional hour.
DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS
DO I RESERVE A DATE & TIME?
- We will typically send you a Confirmation Contract and request a nominal Deposit ($100 - $150) to RESERVE your Special Date & Time.
DO YOU PLAY FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS?
- YES! Outdoor Garden Marriage Ceremonies are our Specialty!
- We all play accoustical instruments, & have a portable electric keyboard which we use often
outdoors as an accompaniment.
WHAT DO YOU WEAR?
- We usually dress in our Professional Symphony All-Black attire.
- Outdoor Weddings in the summer may require cooler Professional
WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF YOUR MUSICIANS GETS SICK OR CAN'T PLAY?
- Houston String Music has 24 Professional Musicians playing
Cello, String Bass, Viola, Violin, Vocal, Piano, Trumpet, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Bagpipes, Trombone, Harp, Guitar, &
Steel Drums all of whom play together on a regular basis.
- We have no problem substituting players.
CAN YOU SEND US
A RECORDING OF YOUR PLAYING OR CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HEAR YOU PLAY?
- When someone sends you a recording, you have no idea WHO is actually playing.
- We have listened to some of these CD's which are floating around, and (no surprise)
they all sound like the same group!
- We receive HUNDREDS of requests
for recordings per year.
- We are able to record our playing, of course, but to send out several
hundred Demo tapes or CD's per year is impossible. Often, prospective clients are able to 'hear' us
play at another Special Event.
- Our reference list includes many 'clients' as well as musical
leaders in our community.
- Our practice
sessions are not usually open to the public as they are held on-the- lake where we go for recreation & relaxation.
- We understand your wanting to hear us play, of course and have often played over-the-phone for people
while we are practicing.
HOW DO WE
KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR DATE & TIME?
- When you make your initial inquiry, we check our Engagement Calendar immediately and will get back with
you within 24-48 hours.
we obviously 'CANNOT HOLD' the Date & Time for you at this point (see below).
INQUIRED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ABOUT HAVING YOU PLAY FOR OUR WEDDING IN MARCH BUT NOW YOU TELL US THAT YOU HAVE
SCHEDULED OTHER WEDDINGS ON OUR DAY. WHY?
- To avoid disappointment, we explained with your initial inquiry, we cannot hold
open your Date & Time without your Confirmation Contract and a nominal Deposit of $100-$150.
- We are flexible
and able to work with you but you need to confirm your Date & Time as soon as possible!